Thursday, August 1, 2013

Do not mess with my pay check

I think it is crappy when your boss decides on a whim to mess with how you are paid. When I took this position, I was to be paid a salary so holidays were paid when we did not work. On the other hand when you had to stay after work those extra hours were not paid either, works both ways. 

Last week I was informed that will not be getting paid for the 4th of July holiday. How un-American is that? I thought that meant now we are hourly employees, I was wrong, my boss just wanted to pay us our normal amount, except when we did not work then she would deduct those hours, sounds like hourly to me. So when I submitted my hours for this week, and they were significantly higher than a normal week, she questioned my hours, I explained to her, that was my understanding since we were not getting paid for the holiday, now we are hourly. She tried to back peddle and say no I want to pay your regular check, but the hours you do not work I will just take out. So I said we are hourly now, and she said no, but then she had to stop and think about it. Do not try to have your cake and eat it as well, if you are going to pay me hourly then every couple of months there is a 3 week pay period. If you are going to pay me salary, then the good come with the bay for both parties, I get paid for the holidays, but I also do not get paid for the extra hours I work. Do not mess with my check!!!! I like what I do, and I can take a lot of crap, but when you start messing with my check, now we ramp it up a few notches. If you expect me to do my job, and I take great pride in what I do, I am early for work, I stay late if necessary, and I do most anything that is asked of me. I always try to go above and beyond what is expected of me. I get along with everyone in the office, I have good ideas about many things, and I contribute to the focus of the project at hand. 
If you promoted me to this position under the agreement of a salary employee, you must take the good with the bad. How crappy is it to just switch how we get paid in mid stream without any prior knowledge of this. On top of that, do not pay us for the 4th of July, if it was Labor Day or Memorial Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, I might have taken it better but on the celebration of our country's Independence. That might be one reason our country is going down hill, all those with the money just want to take advantage of their workers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment