Sunday, March 12, 2023

ALS and the loss of travel

Happy Sunday all. Having ALS really sucks, because now I can't leave the house because I can't get in our truck.  We have a carrier on the back for my wheelchair, but I can no longer lift my leg high enough or stand on my weak leg to support myself. I tried two weeks ago now to travel to a doctor's appointment and had to be placed on the ground by my wife and 911 had to be called to lift my butt back into my chair. 

We have started a go-fund-me to try and raise some money for a mobility van, because they are so expensive even if we trade our truck in it would not cover the cost of a decent van. Not being able to travel out at all sucks. I can't go to the store with my wife, out to eat with out granddaughter, taker her to the park or anything. It really put a damper on life to be stuck at home all the time.

If you can donate it would be appreciated from the bottom of my heart! God bless everyone!

my go-fund-me is: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-me-with-my-fight-against-als

No comments:

Post a Comment