Tuesday, March 21, 2023

No more swimming for me

 This is truly sad to think about no more summertime swimming for me. Not that I could not swim, but getting into and out of lake, pool, or river would be impossible as I cannot stand up from low positions anymore. I can't even get off the furniture anymore, that is why I sit in my power chair all day.  

This just hit me as spring is upon us and we start thinking and planning for summer activities. I love the beach, I love to swim, boat, waterski, and everything water and beach related. The water lapping against the shore is just so soothing to me. Walking barefoot in the sand is just wonderful, having the sand between your toes, and everyplace else as well. There is just something wonderful and magical about the beach and the water, something that transcends time. It is wonderful to sit on the beach with your toes in the sand and let the world pass by. Doing things like that are wonderful to relax and just forget about life for just a bit, to watch kids playing in the sand and water, watching people build sand creations, is cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment